Entrepreneurship can be learned. The only magic is that there is no magic.
What is this programme about?
The corona-crisis might be the best opportunity our generation will get to create real change in travel and tourism.
After nearly 70 years of continuously growth the industry has been flipped up side down. Tourism is facing a lot of challenges like over-tourism, economical leakage and environmental issues. The world experience several challenges and issues described with UN’s 17 sustainability goals in agenda 2030.
On top of that is technology changing the rules in the travel industry from day to day.
Since most people hate change, this is your opportunity.
Historically, there’s nothing better than a real crisis to amplify real innovation. The world is craving for new and better solutions. We need ideas that spread.
Everyone can come up with an idea, but what separates an idea from a business?
It is a paying customer.
This describes exactly where we want to take you in this course. How does an idea or an invention become an enduring innovation and a flourishing business?
The first clients makes the difference, from there you’ll begin growing a target group of customers and the snowball starts rolling. Of course entrepreneurship is a creative process, it’s fun, but to make it work you need a systematical approach.
In this seven week long program we want you to learn and apply this combination of creativity and discipline.
You will explore how travel tech entrepreneurs develop and match promising technology with real customer needs to launch a successful new business.
In addition to get stories and advice from leading industry experts and entrepreneurs, you’ll get real life examples with real technologies that help you develop, refine, and select your own business ideas.
Are you ready?
Welcome! Practical information, description of learning goals and case studies for inspiration.
In this chapter you will learn to understand travel and tourism.
- The issues and potential in tourism
- How is the tourism system built
- How sustainabilty in tourism works
- The role of technology in tourism
- What are the trends in the industry
- Strategies to identify new markets
In this chapter we will discuss different approaches to innovation
- What is innovation
- Approaches to innovation
- Design Thinking
- A framework for problem solving
- Perspective and heuristics
- Case studies
In this chapter you will learn
- Where does ideas come from?
- Working with ideas
- The illusion of creativity block
- The difference between a need and a want
- The value and process of functional analysis
- To create possible scenarios
In this chapter we will explore market segmentation. You will learn
- The importance of segmentation
- To pick a beach head market
- To create an end user profile
- To define the Total Adressable Market. (TAM)
- To develop a customer persona
In this chapter we will dig deeper into product development and design.
- Experience design
- Analysis of product life age
- Design of product spesification
- Quanitified value proposition
- Identify your competitive position
- Developing your company’s secret sauce
In this chapter we will discuss
- Define commercialization opportunities
- Choose and design a business model
- Generate an operating model
- Determine readiness
- Determine market fit through systematic feedback
- Go to market strategy
- Develop a pricing framework
- Mapping the sales process
- Measuring the cost of customer aquisition
- Estimating the life time value of your customer.
You need to understand that money is a tool. In this final chapter we’ll discuss
- Pursuing a path to the market
- Understand the sources of capital
- Understand the stages of investment
- Aligning investments with development
- Investor profiling
- Simple steps to create a pitch deck (with template)
- Elevator pitch – crafting a one liner
- Understand the decision making unit
- Navigate the decision making process
Thanks for now. You get additional resources and tools to help you.